orangerotor.com

orangerotor.com
orangerotor.com

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My new found passion in complicated quartz watches.


It used to be all about mechanical watches. Automatics, manual winds. Now, I'm totally in love with the Citizen series of complicated quartz watches. Some say real watch aficionados don't do quartz watches. Well, maybe I'm a fake but who cares! Whatever floats my boat, right?

I'm sure many of us are attracted by the sophistication in terms of look and function of the Citizen Navihawk. It has some cool functions we may never find in a mechanical watch. For example, the ability to keep time in 30 cities; the ability to switch the timezone between the digital display and the analog display instantly; three alarms that were tied to the timezone they were set for; and so on.

And the look... It is simply captivating. The dial is inspired by flight cockpit design. I have nothing to complain about the look of this watch. My only regret is that the watch has no electronic illumination. Based on what I read, the lume is really of not much help in dark situation.

This is definitely one to consider when I receive my bonus. :p

No comments: