orangerotor.com

orangerotor.com
orangerotor.com

Friday, September 22, 2006

Looking for a cherry to put on my icing cake.

It may sound absurd but after my recent trip, I really appreciate the usefulness of the compass. I purchased a $2 compass and it had to be the best $2 I have ever spent. I should have brought it along for my Bangkok trip last year. It would have saved me so much walking and agony while trying in vain to find a certain historical building.
 
Recently I won a Citizen Promaster watch from the bay. You can see the pictures in my previous posts. This Citizen has everything that I needed and more. I love to have a calendar with day, date, and month. It has it. I love to have two timezones. It has it too if I set the analog and digital time to different time zones. The only thing I hope it has is the compass. Yes it has a bezel compass. It works by setting the watch to a certain angle to the sun. It is not always possible to see the sky. Especially so if you are in a concrete jungle. Therefore, I really hope to have an integrated magnetic compass on the watch.
 
One option I can take is to replace the bracelet with an after-market one that has integrated compass. I do love the original bracelet. They look nice enough to me and rather comfortable to wear. But, if I can find a suitable bracelet with a functional compass that would be the cherry on my icing cake.
 
 

No comments: