orangerotor.com

orangerotor.com
orangerotor.com

Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm going on a trip! Which watch?

I'm so excited these days. My once in a year vacation is starting in a few days time. The vacation is really a blessing because of what happened in the past few weeks. I hope to really unwind (myself, not the watch, haha...) and forget everything about work.

I've been thinking recently, about which watch to bring. Is it my Swatch automatic? Is it my USD9 Casio digital? I have two more quartz watches and another automatic. I'm not going to consider these because I seldom wear them. The automatic is a gift and I have only worn it once or twice.

Swatch Irony Automatic Face in Box watermark

Casio watermark

The Swatch has a leather strap. The Casio has a plastic strap. I figure the leather will stain after I ran around in tropical weather. The Casio is cheap, good, and I can afford to be very careless with it. I have travelled to many countries with this watch. So far, it held up well.

If I choose the Swatch automatic, it marked my first time travelling with an automatic. I have just worn the watch for a month. So far I have no doubt about its reliability. I'll have to catch flights, catch buses, and other mode of transport during the trip. I'm pretty confident that the Swatch will be able to help me tell the time reliably. Ironically, the clock on my cell phone (a Panasonic) is blatantly inaccurate compared to my Swatch.

It is also time to test whether a leather strap is really suitable for travelling. I guess I'll be washing the watch after I return. Till then, it is time to wind and unwind! :)

No comments: