orangerotor.com

orangerotor.com
orangerotor.com

Friday, September 01, 2006

Manual wind ETA, which watch?

After owning quartz analog, quartz digital, and automatic watch, I'm really yearning for a manual wind. I used to have a manual wind. It is an old Seiko. I sold it because it is too small and the condition is not so good.

After reading about a few manual wind movements, I came across the ETA 2804 and ETA 2801. The latter is the same as the former except for it has no date. They have a higher beat rate of 28,800. This is the same as the automatic ETA 2824/2.

I'm drawn to this movement because of its higher beat and also the easy serviceability of ETA. There are quite a number of watches using this movement.

Hand-Wind-ETAs

Of these, I found the single hand MeisterSinger particularly interesting. There is only one hour hand with no minute and second hand. It is made in Germany. I like the clean, effective design.

No comments: