orangerotor.com

orangerotor.com
orangerotor.com

Monday, August 21, 2006

Citizen Millitary watch - another good value watch

Citizen-BM8180-03E-montage

While browsing the Citizen USA Web site, I can't help but am attracted by this charming millitary watch. It met my criteria for simplicity, legible dial, and practicality.

Model Number: BM8180-03E
Power reserve: 180 days
Water resistance: 100 meter
Diameter: 37mm (excluding crown) 40.2mm (including crown)
height: 9mm
Case: Screw-back
Crystal: Mineral
Crown: Non screw-down.
Price: USD70 approximately

I will update this entry when I find out more about this watch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First let me say that this is a fantastic blog! I've been looking for a good military-style watch, and two of your posts listed watches I am interested in buying - the citizen military and trias apollo. I've been looking at british military watches and ebay and I am wondering if you have any opinions on the quality of those watches. Please let me know! Again, Great Blog!

daniel said...

First of all, thanks a lot for the kind comment! I am sorry to say that I have little knowledge in British military watches. When I did a search for 'british military watch' on ebay, I saw some really sweet looking watches. I may read more into them in the future and blog about them. In the meantime, you can take a look at another Citizen military watch:

http://timesignal.blogspot.com/2006/08/citizen-military-automatics-big-solid.html

Thanks a lot for reading!

Anonymous said...

OK. I finally got the Citizen 5 Military today from Amazon - $75. I am sooooooooo happy with it. It is clearly a high quality watch for the price. The strap material I was thinking was going to be cheap, but it's well made for a nylon strap. Thanks for the tip Daniel!

Benizzle said...

is this the solar powered?