orangerotor.com

orangerotor.com
orangerotor.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What a nice twist!


What a nice twist! It was an idea that I thought about but never imaging I can see the real thing being made. How many times I have pondered how nice it would be if I can have a watch that looks mechanical, with the sweeping hand and mechanical parts and all, but powered by a battery. That way, I can leave it on the shelf for a couple of days when I wear my other watches, and come back to the same watch again when I feel like it without having to set the time and winding it.

Fossil has a new series called the 'twist'. These watches have the look of mechanical watches but are powered by batteries. Finally we can have the sophisticated look of mechanical watch and the accuracy and convenience of quartz. I don't like to wear the same watch the entire month and I don't wear watches when I am at home. I also do not own a watch winder. So, there is the trouble of setting and winding my mechanical watches whenever I want to wear them. I know some of us consider this part of the fun of owning mechanical watches. As for me, most of the time I just want to get up and go.

It is time to look at them more closely at the local shopping mall!

No comments: